Sunday, July 23, 2017

Butterfly Mama!

So my friend recently got interested in trying to raise butterflies.  She bought some milkweed plants (butterflies lay their eggs on 'em) and they she took the eggs and basically put them in tupperwear containers with towels.  They turned into catepillars and grew and grew and grew!  Then they turned into cocoons.  Well, she decided to give me 5 of them yesterday.  She put them on earring hooks so I could just hang them in this tree that I thought would be perfect (dragonflies hang out on the branches).


So I go out there today - and one had already hatched!  Wow, that was fast!  It was huge!  It took about 1 1/2 hours before it's wings started flapping and then another half hour before it flew off.  But wow, I got to see it fly off!  So proud!!!!!  So now I'm addicted - I went and got some milkweed plants and I bought some pentas because butterflies like those.  I'm not going to go all out like my friend with raising them but if they naturally cocoon there - I wouldn't mind a bit.  And at least I'll be attracting them with the pentas.  So fun! 


So here are some pics of the butterfly and all the plants I bought today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Same Kind of Different As Me Giveaway! (Ends Oct 21st)

This is a film called SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME.  It is a drama rated PG-13 and is being released on Friday October 20th.  It is bein...