Shredded Chuck Roast

For all you guys out there that eat the way I do (zero carb) and for all the others that just love meat, here is a pretty simple recipe to make shredded beef.


I first bought a chuck roast.  It was a 3lb slab but next time I'll probably buy a bigger one so I can freeze some of the beef.  The other ingredient I used was bone broth (which you can see how to make HERE). 








Then I lined my crock pot with one of those slow cooker bags - genius idea - no cleanup!  Then put the slab of meat in the pot.  Poured 1/2 cup of bone broth in, covered with the lid, and put on low for 6 hours.






After 6 hours, you take it out and shred it with meat claws.









Then you put it back in for an hour or two to finish cooking.  And tada!









I will advise you to drain all the liquid as you can as the fat from the meat dissolved in the broth.  I have a real hard time with too much fat so it definitely caused me issues because I didn't realize the fat was in it and I initially ate the beef as a stew as you can tell in the picture! 


The beef was AMAZING.  Such a simple recipe and you don't really have to do anything to make it.  I also like to take the beef and fry it on the stove to get it all nice and crispy on the outside.  Divine! 

Comments

Popular Posts