Sunday, December 6, 2015

Ran My 1st Race (5k) in 3 1/2 Years!

Today I ran the Reindeer Run here near my house.  It actually runs almost completely down my street.  Figured I better sign up for it since I can walk to the start and back home in no time.  Here's my outfit:

 
 
I wore that outfit since I knew it was going to be chilly (upper 50s) but it was a little much once I started running but I kept it all on anyways.  Gloves and all!  Those are snow pants I'm wearing as well! haha!
 
Anyways, so the 5k was the worst I've done!  Worst as in people annoying the crap outta me!  I somehow got in some section where EVERYONE was doing the walk for one minute/run for one minute dealo.  Like fine...do that if you want...but don't 1.  Take up the whole flippin' street 2.  Don't pass me and instantly get in front of me and start walking!  I literally had so many people doing that and one time I almost ran over this lady it was so bad!  So there were so many people doing that, I decided to book it faster than I honestly should have been doing since I haven't really worked out at all...in 3 1/2 years. 
 
I eventually got past all that annoyance and got to the finish line (which ended at the beach/ocean).  39.17 was my time!  You should have seen my face when I saw the clock.  Like ick!  I mean...I am used to doing around 30 which in my circles was pretty slow anyways so 39.17 was a shock.  But considering I wasn't running marathons anymore, I guess it is to be expected.  I did end up being 8th in my age group.
 
After that, they were giving out Starbucks (yay!) so I got a cup and went to the beach and watched the waves.  Then walked on the beach to my house (since I live on the beach basically).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway! (Ends Dec 16th)

Welcome to the MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway - for the Grown-Ups! This amazing giveaway features items that any grown-up wo...