Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Running Q & As

I found this running survey over at Happy Fit Mama and decided to take it for myself.  I have really gotten behind on running the last few years but I do run every once in a while.  Maybe someday I'll get my running mojo back but in the meantime, here are my answers to some running questions. 

Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? 
Well, just a disclaimer, I actually live 10 minutes from the beach/ocean now.  Having said that, the beach is AMAZING and I will live on the beach one of these days (DREAM BIG!)...but you can't beat mountain trails.  I just love being surrounded by a billion trees and the crazy views while running.

If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Don't do Gatorade.  I'm not sure what the flavors even are so ... let us go with....yellow!

If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Tank tops.  Need more of those living here in Florida.

Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
Hate training plans but used to use them religiously while training for marathons.  If I was training for something like that, I'd use 'em.  But for now, I just run however far I want which is the way I like it.

Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Uphill and end with downhill.  Hate hills by the way.

When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Bwhahaha I don't do anything!  If I was cross-training, I'd do weights.  And I do intramural sports at work (wallyball, corn hole, etc) and softball for church.

What is your preference—>  Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
Loop runs but I basically do out and back right now.

If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be —>
A small hand held water bottle.  You never know if you need it.  I normally carry it just in case and it holds my keys and a small metal nail file (so I can stab a vicious animal coming towards me lol). 

Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Wild?  Not here in Florida yet unless you count donkeys, cows, and a big bull...and dogs.  I used to see deer and skunks all the time in Ohio. 

Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Absolutely!  I was running some trail in Ohio and it would never end!  I somehow found my way out.

If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Burgers with cheese, bacon, and egg on top.

Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Shorts.  It is Florida after all.

At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
30 seconds? lol  I've never understood this question.  I don't feel any different from beginning to the end.

What do you do with your key when you run?
Either in my pocket or in my water bottle holder.

If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Tough Mudder.  I had to DNF that one at the 3 mile marker.  Ultimate failure for me but I just couldn't do being wet and cold for another 8 miles.  I was crying hysterical too because my body temperature was so low.  Couldn't stop crying!  I would love to try it in the sweltering heat someday. 

1 comment:

Bath Kneeler & Elbow Cushion Giveaway! (Ends Nov 2nd)

Sponsored By:  QueBébé Hosted By:  Love, Mrs. Mommy Co-Hosted By: Easter Babe's Theory 10 Winners will receive:  A ...