Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Had a Flat Tire Today

Oh boy.  It is one of those days!

I went to work feeling like I had been hit by a bus.  I figured it is because I haven't been sleeping enough lately (my mind seems to race at night).  But slowly I realized I was getting sicker (stomach problems) which I know will eventually turn into a dehydration issue.  So I knew I needed to get home to be able to fuel up properly to get better and get hydrated.  I really didn't wanna go home early because I was actually having a GOOD curly hair day!  This NEVER happens.  Maybe once a year if I'm lucky.  I actually tried a new shampoo/conditioner so I'm wondering if that is it?

Here's the stuff I used:

 
 
Here is my hair before I left work for the day:
 


So I might have to buy me some of that.  Oh and I'm wearing my necklace (a horseshoe) that I won recently.  It is SUPPOSED to be good luck.  As we soon shall see, that is not the case. 

So I had to hit up fedex which is sort of out of the way because they had a package I had to sign in person for.  It ended up being the 'shorts' I won from Earl Jeans although they ended up sending me capris which are really 'floods' on a shorty like me.  Thank goodness they fit, too!

Anyways, so I had to go on I-295 to get to I-95 for my way home.  As I'm getting on this ramp, this guy in front of me is being slow..like he was being weird for a couple miles anyways slamming on his brakes here or there...and then he did that on the ramp and then all of a sudden it sounds like I run over a piece of metal or rubber.  I really don't think I did because I didn't see anything but that is what it sounded like and it was probably my tire just blowing up. 

So I thought I just ran over something and everything was okay.  So I get up to I-95 and start trying to get around everyone when I heard my tire...like it was pretty obvious something was up with my car.  So I was able to get over into the right shoulder thankfully.  I tried to make it to the exit but I just didn't wanna drive on a flat anymore than I was.  I totally had a flat.  I was so bummed out!!!  I had JUST bought all new tires a couple months ago! 

Looking at the big picture, I hadn't had a flat on any car I've had since 1999/2000 timeframe.  So ... I think it was probably just that time.  Anyways, I don't have AAA but I do have roadside assistance from State Farm so I called them up.  Unfortunately, it took 'em an hour to get there!  In the meantime, I had a cop stop.  Check it out:



 
 
She was super nice but she didn't seem like she could help me out much.  She wanted to drop me off at a store or something.  LOL  At that point, I had just called roadside assistance and figured they'd be there in no time.  Boy, was I wrong!  And remember, I am still sick!  So this wasn't the best situation for me. 
 
And where I stopped, was such a dangerous area in the sense that a ton of cars were coming on from I-295 and I was right by an exit and a busy one at that.  VERY dangerous.  I wore my seatbelt the whole time I was sitting there.  And yeah, I could have waited out in the grass but it was in the 90s and I was sick and I'd rather be in a big steel cage than be open to someone just plowing into me.  So I sat in the car for an hour.  In the meantime, several of my peeps offered to help me but I had already called roadside assistance at that point and figured they were on their way.  Haha.  Next time I'll get my peeps to help. 
 
Here is my view of the exit:
 


I have to say I flipped out when I first stopped and realized I had a flat.  This is where the rubber meets the road...literally!  Something uncertain and out of control just happened and I had to take action.  I hate uncertainty!!!!!  So yeah I was pretty upset for a couple minutes until I could get the roadside assistance set up.  I mean it makes me so mad when I'm in a situation like this...it is yet another reminder of how single I am and have no knight shining armor to come rescue.  Man, that is the pits, ya know?  But yeah, then I suck it up and put my big girl panties on and got on the phone. 

So yeah the guy eventually showed up..and he changed that tire in less than 5 minutes!  It was scary watching him go under the car (to get the tire) and then change the tire.  No amount of money is worth doing all that!  I'm glad I have the job that I have and prayers go out to all the brave souls who do stuff like that for a living!!! 

Here are some pics from that:



The spare looks super weird.  Like I pay all this moola for my 4Runner, I should have some real rims...not some plastic yellow ones!!! haha!  So I'm driving around Yulee now with a wonky tire.  I'll call up Toyota tomorrow and see what the dealo is - if I have a warranty or if they can fix the tire.  It looks like I have a busted hole right through the tread part of the tire.  Which is weird because remember, I have brand new tires and the tread is super thick.  Not sure what is going on there.  I don't see how they'll be able to fix it but we'll see. 

Anyways, so that really bummed me out.  But what helps my day get better?  Knowing I'm going to my friend's house to watch the premiere of my most favorite show EVER?!!!  Big Brother!!!  That will be my life for the next 3 months and I am LOVING it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway! (Ends Dec 16th)

Welcome to the MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway - for the Grown-Ups! This amazing giveaway features items that any grown-up wo...