Monday, October 6, 2014

10 Things I’d Tell Myself… #BLOGTOBER14

Helene in Between Blogtober
 
 
So the prompt for today is 10 Things I’d Tell Myself When I First Started Blogging…which was about 2 ½ years ago.  I started because one of my good friends was doing it and I needed an outlet to get things off my chest.  Here are the things I’d tell myself:
1.       Think of a more creative name for your blog. Lol
2.       Learn more about how to organize your site.
3.       Learn HTML…more than just the basics.
4.       You won’t be making money off of this.
5.       Not a lot of people will read your blog and that is okay.
6.       Pictures make blog posts so much better – more pictures the better (in my opinion).
7.       When you first start out, everything in your life will seem like a blog post and you will take insane amounts of unnecessary pictures but this will calm down after a while.
8.       Blogging connects you with people especially via twitter.
9.       Blogging can get you free stuff to try out (like hair/laundry products, a scale, food, etc.).
10.   The best blog posts are the ones that come straight from the heart of your life experience…the good, bad, and ugly.  And best of all – they might help someone out someday.
Check out my first blog post HERE. 
 
 
One of the first pictures I posted on my blog:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee Giveaway! (Ends Dec 13th)

Welcome to the Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee K-cups Giveaway! You guys - I've had this coffee before and it is one ...