Review: Surpahs Digital Body Fat Scale

I got the awesome opportunity to review a body fat scale from Surpahs.  Check out their site HERE.

Here is the scale I got to review.


You can go and buy it HERE.  Here it is in my bathroom.


 
 
This scale measures weight, body mass index (BMI), body fat, body water, muscle, and bone.  It uses Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) technology to determine body fat.  BIA passes a small electrical current through the body to estimate body fat mass, total body water, muscle mass, and bone mass.  The current is very small and may not be felt (I never felt it).  The weight capacity is 397 pounds.
 
This scale, in my opinion, is so stylish.  It also comes in white.  The screen lights up so you can even use this in complete darkness. 
 
There is also an athlete mode which calculates more accurate results for highly fit individual persons who do 10 hours or more per week of aerobic activity and have a resting heart rate of 60 beats per minute. 
 
The scale can store personal data for up to 8 users.  So when you first get the scale, you have to set up your data - height, age, gender, and activity level.
 
 
 
I did not put mine in athlete mode since I only run maybe once a month.  But you can see above my stats I entered in.
 
Then once you input that, the scale will show 0.0 and you will step on the scale.  It will then give you your numbers. 
 
Weight/BMI/Body Fat Percentage:
 

 

 
 
As you can see my BMI is in normal range and my body fat is low to normal. 
 

Total Body Water (TBW) Percentage:
 
 
 

 
 
 


 
My TBW percentage appears to be close to normal. 
 
Muscle Percentage:
 

 

 
The normal muscle mass percentage on the body weight lies between 38% and 54% for men and between 28% to 39% for women depending on age and physical activity level.  So my muscle mass is normal.  
 
Bone Mass: 



 
 
 
 
So my bone mass is normal.
 

The scale repeats these 3 times which is nice if you miss it the first or second time.  The scale also recognizes you (unless someone else is +/-6.6 pound range) so you don't have to do anything if someone else has used it.  If someone is close to your weight, then you just click the up or down buttons to choose your profile.  And it is important to note bare feet are required for the weight/body fat analyzer to function properly. 
 
I have to say I really love this scale.  I love the sleek and modern look.  It is my favorite color, too!  It is super simple to set up and the numbers are easy to read.  And I love knowing all my numbers especially my bone mass since that is a concern for me due to medication I'm on.  I'm still in the process of losing weight so it is nice to have this scale to keep me motivated that I'm going in the right direction.  I definitely would recommend this for anyone especially for people who would like to know more than just their weight.  I'm a numbers gal and this scale is just right for me.
 
 
Surpahs social media links:
 
  
Disclosure:  I received a free Surpahs Digital Body Fat Scale in exchange for writing a review on my blog.
 


Comments

Popular Posts