Monday, May 19, 2014

Note to Self...Type of Shoes DO Matter...

Yesterday I decided to get outside for once.  My plan was to run around this lake (with mansions around it) on a sidewalk (3.5 miles) and then run a 1.5 mile trail around this smaller lake nearby.  Since I was running the trail, I figured - I'll just wear my trail running shoes.





I figured - no big deal!  Although, I've never worn trail running shoes on the sidewalk before.

BAD decision.  Haha!  First of all, I ended up not running really at all because I had a side stitch the whole time walking (and got worse when I tried to run).  So here I was WALKING in RUNNING shoes made for TRAILS.  Basically, it is like walking in cleats! 

And what is funny is I ended up not even doing the trail!  I just walked the 3.5 miles on the sidewalk around the big lake. 

Not a big deal tho, right?  Yeah, well this morning the back of my ankles (not sure what that part is officially called) was super sore!  Not too bad right now but I definitely learned my lesson!  Type of shoes do count!  At least in this situation.  haha oopsie!  Lesson learned.

2 comments:

  1. I've run trails in regular shoes with only minor problems, but never tried trail shoes on the road. Hope your ankle is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MCM Mama

    Thanks for commenting! Yep - my ankles are just fine now. They were just sore for about half a day. But I definitely learned my lesson! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tendy Metal Signs Giveaway! (Ends Sept 10th)

Welcome to the Aluminum Trendy Sign Giveaway! This is part of our Back To School Gift Guide , so please check it out! This contest is...