Sunday, April 13, 2014

P90X3 Confessions

So it has been a week since I completed P90X3.  You can go HERE for my P90X3 90 day comparison pics.  Here is what I've been doing all week:



It has been great not having the pressure of working out 6 days a week.  I'm still losing weight as well (due to my way of eating which you can check out HERE).  I am now 109lbs. 

So I wanted to let you guys know some of the pros and cons of P90X3 (for me) and some confessions of mine.  Just a disclaimer - I did the Mass Schedule which focuses more on weight lifting whereas most people do the Classic or Lean Schedule which incorporates more cardio I believe. 

Pros:
  • Muscles I built.  I had an incredible amount of muscle tone in my legs.  Even in the back of my thighs which I've never seen muscles there.  Not even while I was running marathons.
  • The workouts were only 30 minutes which was great.
  • You are able to do things you never imagined doing.  Like I cannot believe I can balance on one leg with my other leg stretched out straight with me holding onto one toe.  The yoga really made me so limber that I can put my leg behind my head. 
  • You inspire people even though that might not have been what you set out to do.
Cons:
  • Seeing the pictures of others who have completed P90X3, they got 6 pack abs.  That honestly was my main goal.  I did not achieve that.  Now whether it was from me not being skinny enough at the get go or whether it is genetic or what...I do know that I do not think there is enough of an emphasis on working out the abs as I think there could have been. 
  • Working out 6 days a week no matter what.
Confessions:
  • I did the full 90 day program.  I followed it to a T until about the 2nd week of Phase 2.  The last day of that week we were supposed to do MMX.  I had done it the 1st week of Phase 2 and HATED it.  I do not do jumping around etc. nor do I do cardio (unless I'm running outside for fun).  And MMX was basically boxing and then jumping down to the ground and moving around like a crazy person.  Not for me.  So I replaced it with Pilates from that point on.  Also, from that point on, if there was any cardio type move, I would improvise with something else that wasn't cardio.  I just wasn't having it.
  • I was doing pretty good with the whole program until maybe the 45 day mark.  And then I was over it.  I was completely and totally bored.  That is just how I am I guess.  I'm that way with marathon training.  I'm good to go for the first half and the 2nd half, I have to force myself every day to train.  This is exactly how I felt with this.  If I did not have a coach and others to be accountable to (we had a Facebook group), I would have most certainly quit.  I'm glad I continued on but it was definitely rough going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tendy Metal Signs Giveaway! (Ends Sept 10th)

Welcome to the Aluminum Trendy Sign Giveaway! This is part of our Back To School Gift Guide , so please check it out! This contest is...