Friday, February 14, 2014

3 Weeks Eating Zero Carb

So today marks 3 weeks on strict zero carb.  Eating just meat (mostly fatty) and that is it.

I'm down to 116.6lbs. 

So what do I exactly eat?  Here's a list of items I eat on the regular:
  • Ground Beef (preferably 73/27 or 80/20) - fat is good.  I make beef patties on a George Foreman type of grill.  This is a staple in the way I eat.  I crave this over anything else and it keeps me full.
  • Steak chunks (fried in bacon grease - bacon that has not been cured in sugar).
  • Bacon (not cured in sugar).
  • Pork chunks (fried in bacon grease).
  • Chicken breast (fried in bacon grease).
  • A small amount of fish and shrimp.  I usually eat beef patties with this so I'm full for a good period of time.
  • Bone broth (made only of bones).  Want the recipe?  See HERE.
  • Beef jerky (made only with salt from U.S. Wellness Meats).
I drink water when I'm thirsty.  I still drink one cup or so of caffeinated coffee each morning.  I've cut back on the decaf I've drank but would like to cut back even more.  I've had to cut out plain unflavored decaf ice tea due to it increasing my hunger.

I'm still not keto-adapted yet.  But they say it can take up to 2 months.  I feel much better without all those crappy carbs.  I was even on a low amount of carbs for years and they still affected me significantly. 

If you would like to learn more about Zero Carb, there is a discussion forum you can check out HERE.

MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway! (Ends Dec 16th)

Welcome to the MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway - for the Grown-Ups! This amazing giveaway features items that any grown-up wo...