Day 1 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

So today was the first day of my 90 day P90X3 journey.  Here I am about to begin! 






Today's workout is called Total Synergistics. Basically working your core/arms/legs using weights or your own body weight.  There is also a 3 minute warm up.  Would you believe that the warm up wore me out?!!!  I'm totally out of shape for sure. 

I could go out right now and run many miles with no problem I guess because I've been doing it for so many years.  It is just natural to me now.  This, however, is not.  Far from it. 

I wasn't good at most of the moves.  I did like the moves called the plow, glamour hammer, and squat rockers.  The plow is where you are laying on ground flat and then you move your lower body over your head - working the lower back.  Glamour hammer is where you lift one leg and do bicep curls from the front and sides.  Squat rockers are AWESOME!  I normally hate squats with a passion.  But these are somewhat different.  You take a weight and hold it with both hands.  Then you crouch down and go on your toes then rock back to being on your heels.  Works the gluteus maximus right where I need it! 

At the end of the workout, Tony surprised me with a little bit of crazy yoga - where I ended up falling backwards on my tush.  Hilarious!  Good thing there wasn't a video camera around.

So begins my journey.  89 days left. 

Comments

Popular Posts