Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4 - Boombox - #RockYourBlog

July 4
  • Did you ever own a boombox? If so, what was your favorite cassette tape?
Yes, I remember having a purple one when I was young (in the 80s) like the one below (but more purple):

 80's Purple boombox


In the early 90s, I eventually got this massive boombox that had a cd player (plus a cassette player and radio) and I thought it was the most awesomest thing ever!  Probably my favorite cassette would have to be New Kids on the Block - Step By Step song.  I think I only had the single?  But that thing was played on heavy rotation.

June 30, 1990 - New Kids On The Block started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Step By Step'. The group's third US No.1 •• #newkidsontheblock #nkotb #thisdayinmusic #1990s #boyband #pop #song

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I had that cassette, too. And Hangin' Tough. I remember one summer that Debbie Gibson, Milli Vanilli, New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul and Bobby Brown were in heavy rotation on my gold Magnavox boombox.

    Then I discovered Def Leppard and dropped the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I had grown up with New Kids on the block :(

    ReplyDelete

Bath Kneeler & Elbow Cushion Giveaway! (Ends Nov 2nd)

Sponsored By:  QueBébé Hosted By:  Love, Mrs. Mommy Co-Hosted By: Easter Babe's Theory 10 Winners will receive:  A ...