Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog Every Day In May Challenge - Day 4



Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it.

This is a hard one for me because I love TONS of quotes (just check out my Pinterest board HERE).

Here's this one from Oprah about God dreaming a dream bigger than you can dream for yourself which I've found to be true in my life.  I think it is one of my favorite quotes and the one I most remember.

Surrender

"God can dream a bigger dream for me, for you, than you could ever dream for yourself. When you've worked as hard and done as much and strived and tried and given and pled and bargained and hoped...surrender. When you have done all that you can do, and there's nothing left for you to do, give it up. Give it up to that thing that is greater than yourself, and let it then become a part of the flow."
— Oprah

And why do I love it?  Because it rings so true in my life.  I never thought I'd be at the level of job that I am.  I never thought I'd get my Bachelors degree let alone a Masters degree.  I never thought I'd be driving the vehicle I am.  I think the quote also helps me deal with things that are lacking in my life.  You want those things but you don't have them and life can be hard.  So it helps knowing that God has even bigger/better dreams for me than even I can imagine and that is pretty exciting.  Just makes you hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway! (Ends Dec 16th)

Welcome to the MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway - for the Grown-Ups! This amazing giveaway features items that any grown-up wo...