Saturday, September 29, 2012

Macadamia Nut Chicken and Baked BACON!

So there is a recipe I found somewhere that I love and that is Macadamia Nut Chicken.  The other day I made it for the first time in a long time and people on Facebook wanted the recipe.  So I thought, I might as well take some pictures and blog about it so all my blog friends can make it and enjoy it, too!  I am also adding on how to make baked BACON!  :)  Everything is better with bacon, right?

I tend to put the chicken on a bed of lettuce afterwards and then throw crumbled up bacon on top of the chicken.  So without further ado...

Let's start with the bacon.  Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.  Put some foil on a baking sheet and put the strips of bacon on it. 

 
Shove it in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. 
 
I have discovered that this oven I now have does not cook evenly which isn't great for baking bacon.  My other stove was awesome!  But I'm still going to try to bake bacon from time to time.  So beware if your oven doesn't cook evenly.  You might have burnt ones and soggy ones at the same time!

 
While that is cooking, get out your ingredients.  You need a chicken breast, egg, macadamia nuts, salt, and pepper.

 
Put the macadamia nuts (I use maybe a half to two-thirds of a 2.25 ounce bag) and salt/pepper (whatever you think is the right amount) into a food processor like mine and grind them up.

 
Should look something like this:

 
Mix up the egg:

 
Take the chicken breast and slice in half.  The thinner the slices are the better but I usually just slice it once because I'm not great at slicing stuff. :)  But I think it cooks better if it is thinner.

 
Put the macadamia nut mixture into a bowl also.

 
Take out the bacon.  Put it on a paper towel covered plate with a paper towel over them to get the grease out.  I then take the bacon grease left on the baking sheet and use that for cooking the chicken in the pan.

 
Put the chicken in the pan.  I believe it should be on medium heat but I'm so impatient that sometimes I put it on medium high.  But of course, that will cook the macadamia crust faster than the chicken which isn't good.  Patience is a virtue!  And your friend.

 
I'm not sure how long it takes to cook.  10-15 minutes?  But once your crust is pretty brown, it is probably close to being done. 

 
Here is my chicken on top of the bed of lettuce and bacon on top!  Tada!

1 comment:

Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee Giveaway! (Ends Dec 13th)

Welcome to the Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee K-cups Giveaway! You guys - I've had this coffee before and it is one ...