Thursday, September 6, 2012

Copy Cat Closet - The Graphic T

I'm linking up with Ma Nouvelle Mode Blog this week for their Copy Cat Closet series.  This week the style inspiration is The Graphic T.

Basically find a graphic tank like above and style it the way you want.  I basically took the 2nd look above and did the exact same thing. 





My shirt is a Dierks Bentley tank I got years ago before at one of his concerts when he was just starting to get real famous. 

The skirt is a Nordstrom skirt that my mom just gave me yesterday.  She got it for free!  Score!

Earrings are from a friend who gave them to me for my birthday. 

I also wanted to copy the bun look.  I always have my hair in a bun but its never as voluminous as I would like.  Well just other day, I stumbled upon a video on how to use a sock to make your bun large!  Score!  So I tried it out.  It worked!  YAY!  I can't find the video but here's the how-to:

This is a great style for an unruly-curls day and, if done neatly, can make a perfect simple up-do for a bridesmaid. I stole one of my dad's socks to do this because I had no Black socks. Definitely use a dress-sock that matches your hair color.
So stinkin' easy!  I hated cutting up a sock but it is so worth it!  I can't believe how easy it is!  So anyways - that is my look with the graphic T! :)

Ok that was supposed to be the end of my post!  I wrote this on Sunday but as I was packing my stuff for the trip to Omaha today, I found another graphic T!  This was a long sleeved shirt one and I thought - maybe I can pull off the skinny jean/graphic T look also?  Here it is!








Today was the first day I've ever fit in those skinny jeans and felt comfortable in them.  And here I was thinking I was a fat blob today!  I still think my hips are a bit too large for skinny jeans but hey maybe I'll wear them out someday.  The pants are from Kohls.  Top is from a Dierks Bentley concert.  Girl loves her Dierks.  Shoes are from Kohls.  They are GORGE!  Pretty comfortable despite having a 4 inch heel.  I LOVE how these skinny jeans just float down around my shoes.  I feel so stylish! lol  I'm wearing the same earrings as the first look.  Also, did the sock bun again which fluffier hair (i.e. frizzy lmao).  Worked great! 

7 comments:

  1. Good looking woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, I love this! I love that you did both looks, you look fabulous!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for holding a fun blog link up! Love getting inspiration from your blog. :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE IT girl!!!! You look sooo good! J's taking my pics tonight! I completely forgot last night! DOH! #bloggerfail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! U look good too...love them green jeans :)

      Delete
  4. Both looks are great but I love the skinny jeans look!

    ReplyDelete

Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee Giveaway! (Ends Dec 13th)

Welcome to the Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee K-cups Giveaway! You guys - I've had this coffee before and it is one ...