Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Running Survey!

A few bloggers I follow are taking this survey so I thought I'd take it too!  Running is always interesting to chat about. 

What is your favorite type of cross training?
Weights
 

Total weight reducing program segmented into 3 very important categories: How to Lose Weight Fast by Proper Diet plans, Regular Exercise, and Life Style Modification


(Not me lol)

What is your favorite song to run to?
LOVE 'Chariots of Fire'

Chariots of Fire 1981

What brand of shoes do you wear?
Saucony (regular and trail)







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Do you wear a hat when you run?
Hardly ever.  Only if its pouring rain.
 
  
What temperature is your favorite for running?
65 degrees.

Do you have any big races coming up?
I was supposed to run the Air Force Marathon in a few weeks but due to this crazy move from Ohio to Nebraska and the new job, I do not have time to train.  Maybe next year.  I might run that then run the Omaha marathon the next week after.  Check out their awesome medals!  Handblown glass - no medal is the same!

 
 
What is your favorite distance?
Probably 26.2.  Even though it is tough and the training is awful.  The accomplishment of running that far is just beyond.
 
 
Do you run solo or with a buddy?
Solo.  Every once in a blue moon I'll run with someone else.  But I like to be on my own timetable so I tend to run by myself.
 
What is your favorite post run snack?
Coffee.  Does that count as a snack? LOL!
 

Coffee.
What is your favorite race?
AIR FORCE MARATHON!  They SPOIL you to pieces! 


























Do you wear a Garmin?  If not, how do you track your distance?
I used to but it was so big and bulky and wouldn't track my time/distance right so I stopped.  I track using Map My Run.  I normally run the same bike trail so its no big deal.

What is my least favorite race?
I ran an Ohio Road River Runner's (ORRRC) 10 miler last year.   Usually the people who run that race are the speedy ones.  I am not speedy.  So I was basically out there all by myself in the cold.  No big deal until I realized that they had NO water left for me after the race.  NONE.  I was ticked off.  I can live without snacks after but not water!  Never again.

What is your favorite medal from?
Air Force Marathon (see picture above)

How long have you been a runner?
I've been running for exercise since maybe 2002 or so?  I started with Kelly from Houtz House Party and another lady I worked with.  Then back in 2007, I moved to Columbus and wanted to start getting out there in the world.  One of my friends convinced me to run the Columbus half marathon.  I had no idea what a half marathon was.  I thought it was the same distance as like a 5k.  We signed up last minute too so NO training!  CRAZY!  But we finished and I was hooked.  So I've been running races since October 2007.

What is your favorite running workout? 
Well unlike everybody else - I run the same speed.  So there is no favorite.  The shorter runs are my favorite - how about that?  haha!

What is your favorite place to run?
LOVE running the Dances with Dirt trail half marathon.  Beautiful up there.  Wish I could train on those trails. 

Do you use Gu?
No.  I used to but not anymore.  I've trained myself so I don't need them.

What do you drink to keep hydrated?
Water.  Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) else makes me sick.  Even water makes me sick so I try to go as long as I can without drinking water when I run.  Sounds weird but it works for me.

What do you take with you on a run?  Does it vary by distance?
Normally, I carry a small 8 ounce water bottle which holds my key to my car.  I also take my ipod.






No comments:

Post a Comment

MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway! (Ends Dec 16th)

Welcome to the MamatheFox's Annual Gift Guide Giveaway - for the Grown-Ups! This amazing giveaway features items that any grown-up wo...