Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taste of Summer (Review)

I am a BzzAgent.  Go HERE to sign up.

Since it is summertime and everyone is having grilling parties, they wanted some of their BzzAgent's to try out some Private Selection food.  They sent me Private Selection Sea Salt & Black Pepper chips and coupons for Private Selection Angus Beef and a Private Selection 6 inch pie.


Looks good, doesn't it?  Krogers actually has a recipe for the Moroccan Burger with Mint-Pepper Glaze HERE.

So when I got my package from BzzAgent, I immediately dove into the chips.  They were absolutely perfect!  Perfect blend of spices.  I normally hate spicy things and these were not spicy at all.  They were great!  I took them to work to share with my co-workers.  Well, someone ended up taking the WHOLE bag!  Chip clip and all!  Guess they liked them, too!  Here's a picture of what they look like:


They have other flavors too:  Spicy Chipotle, Blue Corn, and Salsa Picante.

The next thing I tried was the Private Selection Angus Beef.  I was nervous to try this because I basically avoid store meat.  I eat mostly grassfed beef.  But I was ready to take on the challenge.  I decided to mix it up and try a new 'recipe.'  I like mixing foods for some reason.  I'm a creature that likes variety thats for sure.  I decided to ground up the beef in the skillet and then mix in scrambled eggs.  AMAZING!  I mean the recipe was fine but the beef was out of this world.  Seriously, I'm a meat eater (and those who know me well know how much meat I actually eat) and have tasted a lot of meat.  This was BY FAR the best tasting beef I've ever had.  I don't know what the deal is but they are doing something right.  If there is one Private Selection thing you should try, it is this!  Here are a couple of pics of cooking the meat and the completed meal:



Sorry the pictures aren't so great.  I'll try better next time!  :)  I also used the rest of the meat to make a normal hamburger for lunch the next day.  So good!

Next I bought a Private Selection 6 inch Northern Spy Apple Streusel Pie (Sweet and Crisp).  Normally I don't eat sweets.  But I just HAD to do this review so I caved in.  LOL!  These pies are individual sized but you could probably get 2 servings out of it.  Of course, for me, once I start eating anything with sugar, I can't stop!  I ate that whole thing in like 10 minutes!  It was unbelievably good!  The apples were so perfect and the topping was DIVINE!  There was soooo much topping, it was so great.  I was in heaven for 10 minutes! haha!  Here are some pictures:


Sorry, I couldn't get this picture to rotate?!  It is normal saved on my computer but for some reason flips when uploaded.  But that is what the box looks like.


Look at that crust!



Look at those apples!



Halfway there!  Trust me, I finished it.  :)


So if you're looking to have a grilling party or you just like good food, you can head over to your local Kroger store and pick up any of these items.  Private Selection is also carried at Ralphs, King Soopers, Smith's, FredMeyer, frys, Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes.

Disclosure:  I received a product sample, coupon, collateral, or other special premium from BzzAgent.




1 comment:

  1. В наши дни если мужчина открывает дверь перед женщиной то он скорее всегвейцар
    !!!

    ReplyDelete

Tendy Metal Signs Giveaway! (Ends Sept 10th)

Welcome to the Aluminum Trendy Sign Giveaway! This is part of our Back To School Gift Guide , so please check it out! This contest is...