Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tutorial - Flat Curly Hair to Voluminous Straight Hair

For the past year and a half, I've been getting my hair done in a salon.  Along the way, I've picked up some tips to make my hair look like they do it in the salon.  Now I cannot do everything they do but I try to incorporate some of the things they do.  Back in my younger years, I would have LOVED to know how to do my hair like I do now.  I always seemed to do something wrong - curly hair is just like that.  Has a mind of its own!  So here's a picture tutorial of how I get my hair from flat curly to voluminous straight just as if I came out of the salon. 


First, wash/condition your hair.



(btw - that is tea in that mug lol I had to use it as to prop up my camera sometimes so its in my pictures a bit.  haha)

Next, you comb out your wet hair so there aren't any tangles


Then you blow it dry wildly.  I normally sit on my toilet (seat down lol) and turn my head upside down and blow it till its dry.  This probably creates some of the volume.





Gotta love these pics haha!

Here are the after pics after my hair is dry.




Then you take a flat brush...


(sorry I didn't get the whole brush in the picture. lol)


and you use that flat brush to brush up your roots and use your blow dryer at the same time on them.  This creates volume at the root plus straightens the root at the same time so you don't have to use your flat iron on the roots later.  Plus you do this root thing all around your head even in the back so you most likely won't have those annoying kinks!



(sorry the camera cut off where I'm doing this)

Then you are going to brush the rest of your hair out (like you're trying to get out tangles).  You don't have to use a blow dryer when you do this but most of the time I do.



Your hair will be EXTREMELY frizzy.  But that's a good thing.  That is where I think the volume comes from the most.





Then you're going to separate your hair in two sections.  I do the sides/top/front of my hair last.


Then you take sections and straighten with a flat iron.



While you're straightening a section, you can also use your flat iron to curl under the ends. 



After you've done all your hair...here is the finished product!









2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! This is a GREAT post!!!! More like this!!!!!! More like this!!!! Yayay!! You make me really want LONG hair! WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee Giveaway! (Ends Dec 13th)

Welcome to the Cella's Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee K-cups Giveaway! You guys - I've had this coffee before and it is one ...